Sunday, October 30, 2011

Twilight by Christina P.

Twilight is a book about a girl named Bella who moves in with her dad. She reunites with an old friend named Jacob Black. She meets a Edward Cullen, who is a vampire and has the ability to read people’s mind, except Bella’s and that’s why he is interested in her. Also, he is not only attracted to her, but also wants to kill her because he blood smells delicious. She notices all these weird things about him and his family and soon finds out that they are vampires. She falls in love with Edward, but then Bella is wanted by these other group of vampires. Jacob doesn’t like Edward because of an old legend and they just don’t like each other. So they both don’t want to be around each other when they are with Bella. Jacob is in love with Bella, but Bella is in love with Edward. Jacob is Bella’s best friend and he is always there for her.

This summer my mom got married to her boyfriend and they decided that they wanted to travel the world. So I choose to move in with my dad in Cuchara, Oregon. I haven’t seen my dad, since I was about 10 years old. The last time I saw him, was when I spent Christmas with him.
I had forgotten what Cuchara, Oregon looked like it brings back memories. Charlie, my dad, said I can stay in my old room, which still looks the same, since I last been here. No looking forward to tomorrow, it’s my first day at my new school; no one wants to be the new girl. “Beja,” Charlie said “Come down stairs for a second, I have a surprise for you.”
As I walk down the stairs, so many things are racing through my mind, I don’t know what to expect.
“Beja, do you remember Jacob Azul?” asked Charlie “You guys used to play with each other when you were little.”
Beja answered “Oh yeah, yeah! I remember now, we used to make mud cakes together.”
“Hahaha yeaaahh, good times, good times,” Said Jacob “So, when do you start school?”
Beja answered, “I start tomorrow, as the new girl.”
“I love your enthusiasm and excitement.” Said Jacob sarcastically
“Oh yeah, because everyone wants to be the new girl, woohoo!” Beja said sarcastically
“ Okay, well it’s getting late and I need to finish unpacking,” said Beja “maybe, I’ll see you around or we can hang out another time.”
“Yeah for sure, we can hang out another time, I’ll call you sometime to see if you’re busy.”
“Okay sounds good, bye”
“Bye Beja”
NEXT DAY
I walk down the halls of death; everyone is starring at me and whispering to their friends. I just need to get through this week and I think I’ll be fine. So far all my classes are boring, but I’m more worried about where to sit when I eat lunch. I don’t want to eat all alone, like a loser. I can sit by that one girl who’s in my English class, Jasmine, she seems cool. As I eat my lunch, I noticed a group of beautiful couples walk into the cafeteria.
“Who’s that?” asked Beja
“Who?” answered Jasmine
“That guy that just entered the cafeteria?”
“Oh, that Beja, is Edwardo Caliente,” replied Jasmine “beware though, he’s not like everyone else.”
“What? Why? What does that mean?” asked Beja
“He thinks he’s better then everyone else, or at least better then any girl that wants to date him,” said Jasmine “So, don’t waste your time on him, he’s not worth it.”
“I wasn’t planning too.”
“Apparently he lives in the forest and away from everyone, its kind of creepy, but sophisticated at the same time.” Said Jasmine
There is something peculiar about that Edwardo Caliente. As I was walking to my next class, I pass Edwardo in the hallway, and it was really awkward. As I started to walk closer to him, avoided eye contact with me. Once he saw me, he saw me; he looked the other way and covered his face. Do I have something on my face? Is there something in my teeth? Turns out I went to the wrong classroom, so now I have to walk in the class, while everyone is starring at me. I’m already the new girl, how much more attention do I need? Right as I walked into class, I noticed that Edwardo is in my class and also that he has the only open seat left.
“Is this the Biology class?” asked Beja
“Yes, you must be Beja Duck.” Answered her teacher
“Yup, that’s me.”
“Okay, well why don’t you take a seat next to Edwardo.”
Great, I have to sit with the guy that think’s I’m ugly or never want to make eye contact with me.
“Okay class, use the microscopes on the table to look at the mysterious objects on the slide and try to figure out what they are.”
Edwardo and I both tried to grab the slides; at the same time our hands gently stroked each other. Then we both pulled back and retreated as quick as we possibly could. Okay, a This Edwardo guy just keeps getting weirder by the minute. Not only does he not make eye contact with me, but also his hands are as cold as ice.
NEXT DAY
Today, I decided to come to school early and just relax by myself and just get some time to myself and away from everyone. Of course, just my luck I see Edwardo Caliente in the parking lot by his car starring at me, and then one blink and I see him walking right past me. Right as he was walking past me, he stepped in the sunlight for a few minutes and I noticed something funky, he sparkles in the moonlight, but maybe it’s just me. Right after he realized that the sun was on him he moved quickly from where he was sitting, into a shady spot. That just freaked me out even more, now I’m seriously thinking something is wrong with that kid. I wonder if I can find anything about him on Google or the weird things he does. It says that there is a library with a book that has good information; I think I’ll go check it out after school today.
NEXT DAY
I usually get to school before Edwardo does, but today was different usually he goes into school, today he walks towards the forest next to our school. I find that really peculiar, so I follow him from a distance. As he keeps going I loose him, and I just stop and feel the presence of someone behind me.
“Why are you following me?” Asked Edwardo
“I just wanted to see where you are going,” replied Beja
“I know what you are,” said Beja
“What am I then?” asked Edwardo
“You sparkle in the sunlight, you live in a forest, you’re faster then the speed of light, and you’re skin is as cold as ice,” said Beja
“Say it out loud”
“You’re a fairy.”
“What!” yelled Edwardo “No, I’m a vampire, what the heck!”
Over the next couple of weeks I grow feelings for Edwardo, I don’t know, but there is just something about him that makes him different. I think it’s because he’s really overprotective over me and it makes me feel safe.
NEXT DAY
Jacob should be here soon, were going to hang out and just watch some television or something. I think that is him pulling into the driveway right now.
“Hey Jacob,” said Beja
“Hey Beja, are you ready to party?” replied Jacob
“Haha, oh yeah, today’s going to be a blast.”
“So I’ve been hearing rumors, that you’re dating that Edwardo kid, the weird one, is it true?” asked Jacob
“Yes, it is true and he is not weird”
“What, what do you see in that fool?” said Jacob “You can do way better.”
“He is not a fool!” exclaimed Beja “Oh really I can do way better? Like who?”
“For example, like me, I would treat you right and were perfect together.”
“Whoa! Where did that come from, I like you, but not like that”
“I think you’re just confused and don’t know what you want at the moment.”
Right as Edwardo pulls up in my driveway, Jacob grabs me and kisses me.
“What the heck! What were you thinking?” said Beja
“I thought it was one of those good moments, I felt a spark.” said Jacob
“Yeah, maybe you did, but I’m pretty sure I wasn’t feeling a spark there, I told you I am not interested.”
Edward storms in and comes to my rescue. Boom, he punches Jacob in the face
“Edwardo, what is your problem?”
“He just kissed you, what do you want me to do, give him a high five?”
“No, but that was uncalled for.”
Next thing I know, Jacob gets up and tackles Edwardo, and they start fighting and wrecking my house.
“Stop! Stop it you guys!” yelled Beja “Break it up.”
After I said that, both guys pulled back and stopped fighting each other.
“Beja, you need to figure out what you want,” said Edwardo
“I never thought this day would come, but I agree with Edwardo” Said Jacob
“I like you both, Edwardo you are the one guy who I’m actually head over heels for and I feel safe and my self around you,” said Beja “But on the other hand Jacob, you like a brother to me and I would do anything for you, just as you would do for me.”
“Well, I don’t know Beja, but you need to figure out what exactly you want and pick one of us.”
Next day
After sleeping on it and thinking about it all day, I finally made my decision. I decided that I am totally in love with Edwardo and that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. Jacob and I are best friends and we have our special moments. The special moments we have are nothing compared to the moments I have when I am with Edwardo. I hope that through all of this I can still be friends with Jacob, I don’t want our friendship to end over something like this. Edwardo and Jacob should be coming over my house soon and that is when I will tell them my decision. I think the answer was right in front of me all along, but I just wasn’t looking hard enough. Last night I realized that I want to spend my entire life with Edwardo, in other words I want him to bite me and change me into a vampire. That way I will spend the rest of my life, young, pale, and with my love Edwardo. Both Edwardo and Jacob have arrived at my house.
“Hey Edwardo and Jacob.” Said Beja
“Why did u call us here?” asked Jacob
“I’ve made my decision and figured out what I want.” answered Beja
“Jacob, you are a brother too me and the best best friend I could every have, I can always count on you to cheer me up,” Beja continued
“Edwardo, I can be my total self around you and I love you with all my heart, whenever I’m with you I feel safe and I know you would never leave my side,”
“Edwardo I chose you, you are the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with, and Jacob I want you to be in my life, but as my brother and best friend, nothing more.”
“What your going to choose him over me!” replied Jacob “Beja, I love you, I always have and will.”
“For right now, I can’t be your friend as long as you are dating it.” Said Jacob
I understand that Jacob was hurt by my decision, but I followed what my heart was feeling. Edwardo is the guy I love and I want to be apart of his life as much as he is apart of mine. I’m willing to offer myself to him and have him change me into a vampire, just so we can be together forever.

1 comment:

  1. This was a good topic Christina! I like how you used Spanish words to replace some names. For example Edwardo Caliente, when Caliente means "hot". I laughed out loud. I also enjoyed how you kind of made fun of how Edwardo sparkles in the sunlight. Good job!

    ReplyDelete