Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Play about a Love That Will Never Be by Innika P.

A Play About a Love That Will Never Be

In Saitama, Japan, a girl named Milly lives with her grandmother. On the other side of Japan there is a boy named Hatsune whose father owns a toy company that has been skyrocketing with their sales for the past three years. Milly’s grandmother is able to send Milly to Milly’s dream school, Seiju Academy, in Tokyo. Hatsune’s “father” also sends his “son” to the Seiju Academy. Milly just arrives at the entrance of Seiju Academy and walks inside the school.

Milly: Wow! This place is huge! I can’t believe I’m actually here!

(Milly walks futher into the school while a car comes up to the sidewalk. A handsome boy comes out of the car.)

Butler: Master, are you sure you don’t need me to go with you inside?

Hatsune: I’m fine! I’m a big boy now.

Butler: Alright then Master. (Butler goes inside the car. Car drives off.)

Hatsune enters the school and skips like a little boy. While he is walking to his homeroom, girls swoon over him. Milly has entered her homeroom but the whole room has gone silent. Milly takes her seat but someone put their foot out and tripped her. Hatsune has entered the room and whispers erupt throughout the room.

Hatsune: What’s everyone all silent about?

Person A: Hey, you want to take a seat next to me?

Person B: No, me!

Hatsune spots Milly in the back corner of the classroom. His heart skips a beat.

Hatsune: No, thanks. I’ll take a seat next to that girl over in the back.

Everyone turns thire head while Milly pays no attention to what is going on. Hatsune approaches Milly and takes the seat next to her.

Hatsune: Hi! I’m Hatsune. What’s your name?

Milly: ……. None of your business.

Hatsune: You’re pretty! Let’s hang out!

Milly: No.

Hatsune: Why not?

Milly: Because I don’t want to hang out with boys who are really stupid.

At the same time a girl named Jewel enters the classroom along with a clumsy boy who follows. Jewel spots Hatsune and approaches him like the speed of light. The clumsy boy takes a seat in front of Milly.

Jewel: Hi you’re cute! What’s your name?

Hatsune: I’m Hatsune, nice to meet you.

(Clumsy boy turns around to face Milly.)

Adam: Hi. I’m Adam.

Milly: I’m Milly.

*Lunch Break*

Milly and Adam leave the classroom to eat but Hatsune follows Milly everywhere she goes.

Milly: Stop following me! I don’t like you!

Hatsune: Why not?

Adam: Milly will only like you if you dump water on yourself.

Milly: Adam! Don’t tell him that!

(Hatsune goes geet to a full bucket of water and pours water over his head.)

Milly and Adam: ….. I can’t believe he actually did that.

Hatsune: Now will you go out with me?

Milly: No!

Jewel arrives in the garden just to find Hatsune talking to Adam and Milly.

Jewel: Hatsune, why are you talking to a bunch of nerds?

Milly: Excuse me but we’re not ne…. HEY!

(Jewel drags Hatsune away from Milly, ignoring her talking. Milly and Adam are left alone.)

Adam: You know I’ve seen that guy before. His father kicked him out of the family, you know?

Milly: No he didn’t, I saw him talking with his butler this morning.

Adam: Maybe that wasn’t his butler. The headlines on the newspaper said he was disowned from the family business.

Milly: Hmmm. That’s really weird.

Lunch break has ended. Everyone returns to the classroom.

Hatsune: Milly I missed you!

Milly: You were only gone for five minutes.

Jewel glares at Milly but Milly doesn’t catch it. Class ends and everyone goes home.

Grandma: Welcome back Milly! How was your day at school today?

Milly: It started out great until this guy kept annoying me. He kept telling me he liked me then he started to follow me around the school. My life was finally saved when this girl dragged him away from me.

Grandma: Oh really? That seems like a productive day! I’ll make dinner right now.

Milly: No thanks. He’s 16 but acts like a 10 year old! (Milly runes up the stairs to go to bed)

Scene switches to next day, where Milly hears strange sounds coming from her window. She opens her window to find Hatsune yelling her name and waking up the neighbors.

Hatsune: MILLLLLLYYYY WAKE UP!!!!!

Milly: SHUT UP!!! LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!

Hatsune: NOT UNTIL YOU COME DOWN AND WE CAN GO TO SCHOOL TOGETHER!

Neighbor: SHUT UP!!!! GET A ROOM ALREADY!

Milly: Ugh! (Milly runs down the stairs after changing into her school uniform. She exits her home and forcibly walks to school with Hatsune. Hatsune tries to hold her hand.

Milly: Knock it off!!! I don’t like you! (Milly speeds up her walking. Hatsune follows.)

Milly: So, I heard that your father disowned you...

Hatsune: No he didn’t but I don’t live in my house anymore.

Milly: Gee I wonder why they kicked you out…If that’s true then why did you arrive in a limo?

Hatsune: What’s a limo? Oh, you mean my butler, Mr. Fluffles? I live in a black thing with Mr. Fluffles!

Hatsune smiles at the thought of the “black thing” and continues walking with Milly. As they reach the entrance, Jewel comes out yelling Hatsune’s name.

Jewel: HATSUNE!!!!

Hatsune: I don’t like you.

Jewel: What? Why not?

Hatsune: Because you’re ugly.

Jewel: Well I don’t care. I love you. (Runs away.)

*Ding Dong Ding Dong*

Hatsune: Shoot! I’m going to be late!

Hatsune arrives to the classroom to take his seat. Class ends and Milly and Adam go to the garden while Hatsune arrives to catch up with Milly and Adam.

Hatsune: Mil- (Hatsune trips on his shoelaces and falls flat on the ground)

Hatsune gets up and rushes to Milly and Adam. He proceeds to sit on a brick wall next to Milly, but moves his back to far back and falls off the brick wall into the pond.

Milly: Are you really dumb? How can you fall of a wall?!

Hatsune gets up from the pond shakes his body like a dog. At that moment Jewel comes to look for Hatsune again and sees that he is wet. She realizes he is talking to Milly and get angry.

Jewel: HATSUNE! Why are you hanging out with these losers? Come on let’s go!

Hatsune: Okay….. Hey Milly let’s hang out after school!

Milly: No. And hurry up and leave already.

Jewel: Just stay away from him you freak!

(Jewel drags Hatsune again leaving Milly and Adam alone.)

Adam: Hey you want to go someplace afterschool? We can make you all pretty.

Milly: Sure but we cannot go to a salon or something.

End of school comes and the scene switches to Milly and Adam at the mall.

Adam: Come on! Let’s go in here! (Adam heads to a salon)

Milly: Wait! Don’t run so fast! (Milly walks slowly to the salon)

Adam: Can you give her a make-over? Make her pretty!

Salon Person: Hmmmm…. No thanks. I don’t want to waste my time making an ugly person pretty.

Adam: Why not? She’ll be really pretty because of you and she’ll tell everyone in our class.

Salon Person: ……. Fine, but you better spread word about me. Got it kid?

Salon Person pulls Milly into a chair and starts cutting her hair. Milly struggles and Adam holds her back but gets hit in the eye while the salon person finishes. She also takes Milly’s glasses off.

Adam: Thanks lady! Come on Milly! (Drags Milly with him)

Milly: Are we going home yet?

Adam: Yeah. (Adam walks with Milly back to her home.)

Grandma opens the door.

Grandma: Who’s this?

Milly: It’s me grandma, Milly.

Grandma: Oh my! How did you become so pretty?

(Milly runs up the stairs and hides under her bed leaving Adam behind with her Grandma.)

Adam: That’s our secret! I took Milly to a salon that made her pretty!

Grandma: I see. Well we’ll see you later…… What was your name?

Adam: Adam, ma’am. Is it okay if I go out with Milly?

Grandma: That’s Milly’s choice dear.

When Milly arrives to school the next day, whispers follow her every move. She enters her classroom and sits at her seat. Hatsune walks in and notices there is someone sitting in Milly’s seat. He rushes over to her seat.

Hatsune: Hey you, you’re not supposed to be here. That’s Milly’s seat.

Milly: I am Milly, stupid.

Hatsune: No you’re not! Milly’s pretty, You’re ugly!

Milly: I AM Milly, stupid. It’s not like I totally changed my appearance.

Hatsune: Oh…. Well I don’t like you anymore!

Hatsune exits the classroom leaving Milly dumbfounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment