Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Glamorous Life of Being "16 and Pregnant" by Christine N.

The Glamorous Life of Being “16 and Pregnant”



Narrator: It is a Monday morning in Danville, California. Located on the far corner of Crest Street, the Soo household is up and ready to start the day. There is Mr. and Mrs. Soo and their three daughters: Sara, Tara, and Kara. Sara is sixteen years old and the oldest of the three. Tara is thirteen years old and the 2nd oldest. Last but not least, Kara is five years old and the youngest of them all. Unlike her well-mannered sisters, Sara Soo is the exact opposite of them. She is a wild and unruly child, who does things on her own terms.



Scene starts inside the Soo household



Mrs. Soo: (shouts from downstairs) You three, hurry up! You will be late for school if we don’t hurry.



Sara: (shouts back) Hold on, woman! We’re almost done. I just need to find my binder. (throws a fit) Where is my binder?!



Tara walks into Sara’s room.



Sara: Hey Tara, did you see my binder? It’s blue and it has a picture of Kevin on it.



Tara: (confused) Nope, I didn’t see your binder. Sorry, sis.



Sara: (upset and whining) Ugh! Where could my binder be?! I need it for school. Plus, it has Kevin’s picture on it!



Kara runs in with Sara’s binder.



Sara: (angrily) My binder! Oh, my binder! Give me that! (takes binder from Kara) Okay, I am ready now. Let’s go.



Sara, Tara, and Kara all walk downstairs.



Mrs. Soo: (irritated) Are you all ready now? Dad is already in the car waiting for us.



Tara: (happily) We’re ready! Let’s go.



The Soo sisters pick up their books and bags, puts on their shoes, and leaves the house. Mrs. Soo locks up the door and everyone gets into the car.



Mr. Soo: (looks at the Sara) What took so long? Talking to Kevin on the phone again? I don’t see why you can’t just wait until school. He comes over to the house every day.

Sara: (angrily) O…M…G…just leave me alone.



Mrs. Soo: (sternly) We don’t use that tone around here! Apologize to your dad, young lady.



Sara: (irritated) Ugh, whatever. Sorry.



Mrs. Soo: (irritated) Dear, just drive. We’re already late as it is.



Mr. Soo: (chuckles) Alright, Alright. Let’s go.



Mr. Soo starts the car and drives to Sara’s high school.



Mrs. Soo: Be good now okay?



Sara: (rushing) Yah sure. I know.



Kara and Tara: Bye Sara!



Mr. Soo: Have a nice day!



Sara: Bye! (closes the car door)



Sara walks up the steps and into the school. She looks around. The halls are crowded with students. The bell rings. She runs to homeroom in a hurry.



Scene skips to homeroom



Sara walks through the door. Kevin walks up to her and hugs her.



Kevin: (smiling) Hey, babe. How are you?



Sara: (smiling) Good. You?



Kevin: I missed you this weekend! We didn’t talk much.



Sara: (embarrassed) I know…I’m sorry. I was just busy.



Kevin: (touches Sara’s face) It’s okay. I understand. Hey, I want to ask you something.



Sara: (surprised) Um, okay. What is it?



Mr. Smith: (speaking loudly) Class, please take your seat! We’re going to do something different in homeroom today.



Kevin: (whispers) I’ll tell you later.



Sara and Kevin take their seat in the back of the class. Mr. Smith stands in front of the white board and writes “SEX EDUCATION” on it.



Mr. Smith: (clears throat) Today, we’re going to talk about Sex Education. Does anyone know what abstinence means?



Kevin: (shouts) NO! (laughs)



Sara laughs.



Mr. Smith: Well Mr. Woo, abstinence means to abstain from sex. Can anyone tell me why it is important to abstain from sex?



Kevin: (puzzled) Why would we want to do that? Sex is fun!



Mr. Smith: Mr. Woo, if you don’t be quiet, I will be forced to send you to the principle’s office.



Kevin: (amused) Cool your jets, Mr. Smith. I’ll be quiet.



Mr. Smith: (irritated) Alright, back on the topic of abstinence.



Kevin writes on a piece of paper and throws it at Sara. Sara picks up the note, opens it up, and reads it.



Sara: (whispering to herself) “Hey Sara. Come over to my house tonight. Let’s do it. You know you want to. Remember sex is fun! Who wouldn’t want a baby or an STD? I know I do. We can start a life together. I’m sick of this school. When we have a baby, we don’t have to go to school or do anything! Love, Kevin.”



Sara looks up and glances at Kevin. Kevin is smiling at her.



Mr. Smith: (loudly) Sara! Sara! Are you paying attention! Stop looking at Mr. Woo and pay attention.



Sara: (crumples note and hides it under her desk) Sorry, Mr. Smith. I was paying attention! I just saw a fly in that direction. That’s all.



Mr. Smith: Oh really? (walking towards Sara) Then, can you explain to me what I just said?



Sara: (panicking) Oh, um. Something about being abstinence because sex can lead to STDs and babies. You can die from sex because sex is really bad.



Mr. Smith: (satisified) Well, you don’t always die from sex. You can die, however, if you get AIDs or some other type of STD.



Sara: Gotcha Mr. Smith!

Mr. Smith walks back to the front of the classroom. Sara looks at Kevin and nods her head. Kevin grins and nods back.



Sara: (whispering to herself) I’m going do it with Kevin! Ah, I’m so happy. I can’t wait to lose my virginity to him. I mean, what can go wrong? It’s just sex. I don’t know everyone makes such a big deal about how bad it is. It seems so much fun. I mean…how many people have ever gotten pregnant from sex before? (giggles)



Sara turns to the right side of her. She sees a pregnant girl.



Sara: (whispering to herself) Wow, that girl is fat.



Girl: (glares) Excuse me? I’m pregnant…not fat.



Sara: (happily) Being pregnant sure seems like fun!



Girl: (sarcasm) The best! Be sure to get yourself knocked up! It’s so much fun. (rolls eyes)



Sara: Thanks! (smiling) I will!



The bell rings.



Mr. Smith: Okay class! Get to your first period. Homeroom dismissed.



Sara gets up from her desk and walks toward the door. Kevin runs to catch up to her.



Kevin: (grinning) See you tonight! (winks)



Sara: (smiling) See you. (bites lip)



Kevin and Sara kiss and they part ways.



Scene skips to the end of school



The bells ring. Sara calls her parents telling them that she will be at a friend’s house tonight. Kevin walks up to her.



Kevin: Ready?



Sara: Did you get the condom?



Kevin: Pfft, who needs condoms? Condoms are lame! We’ll do this natural-style.



Sara: (smiling) You’re right. Condoms are lame. What could go wrong? (giggles) Okay, let’s do this!



Sara and Kevin get into Kevin’s car, and they drive back to his house. There they go into his room and start doing it.



Kevin: (calmly) It’s alright babe. Just follow me. I know this is your first time, but I got this. I won’t let anything bad happen to you. I’ll always be by your side. (smiling)



They continue to do it all night long.



Scene skips to school next day



Sara is standing in the hallway with her best friend, Halley.



Halley: Did you really do it?!



Sara: (smiling) Yes! We did it last night! (giggles)



Halley: Omygosh, that’s so cool! I’m so jealous! (laughs) I wish I could have sex with someone right now! It seems so much fun.



Sara: (laughs) It is fun!



The bell rings.



Halley: Alright, I got to go. Text me tonight!



Sara: Alright bye! (waves)



Scene skips to a month later



Sara is in her bathroom.



Sara: (confused) Ugh, why haven’t I gotten my period yet?! I should talk to Halley about this. She might know.



Sara walks out of the bathroom and goes into her room. She grabs her phone and calls Halley.



Sara: Hey Halley, it’s Sara. I need some advice.



Halley: (confused) What is it?



Sara: I haven’t gotten my period yet. I think I’m late.



Halley: (excited) Do you know what this means?!



Sara: (loudly) What?!



Halley: YOU MIGHT BE PREGNANT!



Sara: (excitedly jumping up and down) OMG, no way?! THAT IS SO COOL! Omygosh, I must tell everyone!



Halley: Wait! Take a test first. I’ll come over in a bit with the pregnancy test.



Sara: Okay hurry!



An hour later



The doorbell rings downstairs. Sara runs downstairs to open it. Halley is standing in front of the door holding a bag. She comes inside.



Halley: Okay, I got it. (smiling) Let’s find out now!



Halley and Sara run upstairs.



Halley: (handing Sara the pregnancy test) Just pee on this and wait for the sign to pop up.



Sara: (confused) Pee on it? Ew!



Halley: (laughing and sticking out her tongue) I know. Just do it, though. (giggles)



Sara grabs the pregnancy test and runs into the bathroom. She runs out an hour later.



Halley: (impatiently) Well! Tell me!



Sara: (looks up) I’m PREGNANT! (smiling)



Halley: (smiling) CONGRATULATIONS GIRL! YOU’RE GOING TO BE A MOM!



Sara: (happily) I must tell everyone! Oh, everyone will be so happy for me! I should let Kevin know about this first. He will be so happy.



Sara grabs her phone and calls Kevin.



Sara: (nervously) Hey, babe. I have something to tell you.



Kevin: (curiously) What is it? (excitedly) You want to come over again tonight and do it?



Sara: Um, no.



Kevin: (disappointed) Well, what is it then?



Sara: (takes a deep breath) Okay…um…I’m PREGNANT! Isn’t this so exciting?!

Kevin: (shouting) WHAT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS??



Sara: (laughing) YES!



Kevin: (happily) CONGRATS BABE! WE’RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY.



Sara: (giggles) I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?



Kevin: Alright, bye babe.



Halley: Aw, you two will be the greatest parents ever!



Sara: (happily) I know right! We’ll drop out of school, get jobs at McDonalds, and live happily ever after! (giggles)



Halley: You are so lucky! I’m so jealous. Are you going to tell your parents?



Sara: Hmm, I should shouldn’t I? I will tell them when they get home. Oh, they’ll be so happy for me!



Halley: Well, I got to go! See you tomorrow. Text me!



Sara: Alright, bye!



Halley hugs Sara and goes downstairs. She leaves the house.



Three hours later



The front door opens. Mr. and Mrs. Soo walks in. Sara runs downstairs.



Sara: (smiling) I have something to tell you guys!



Mrs. Soo: What is it, hunny? Did you get an A on your test?



Sara: Nope!



Mr. Soo: Did you get an award?



Sara: Nope! (giggles) I’M PREGNANT!



Mrs. Soo drops her purse. Mr. Soo stares blankly at Sara.



Mrs. Soo: (yelling) YOU ARE WHAT?!



Sara: (smiling) I’m pregnant!



Mr. Soo: (angrily) Are you joking around with us?! This isn’t funny.



Sara: (giggles) I’m not lying! Aren’t you happy for me?!



Mr. Soo: (shouting) GET OUT OF OUR HOUSE RIGHT NOW! YOU’RE NOT OUR DAUGHTER ANYMORE! GET OUT!



Sara: (scared) But dad!



Mrs. Soo: (shouting) GET OUT! YOU’RE NOT WELCOME IN OUR HOUSE ANYMORE, YOU DISGUSTING CHILD. GET OUT.



Sara: (sobbing) BUT! I thought you would be happy for me…



Mr. Soo: (face getting red) HAPPY?! ARE YOU KIDDING? GET OUT NOW. WE DISOWN YOU.



Mr. Soo runs upstairs and grabs all of Sara’s belongings. He runs back downstairs and throws it out the door. Mrs. Soo is sobbing on the ground.



Mrs. Soo: (hands up in the air) Why?! Why did we get stuck with this child?! This good-for-nothing child.



Mr. Soo pushes Sara out of the house and closes the door. Sara is standing in the middle of the driveway, crying. She takes out her phone and calls Kevin.



Sara: (holding back tears) Hey Kevin, how are you?



Kevin: (surprised) Hey babe, why are you calling so late?



Sara: Oh, nothing. I just wanted to know how you were doing. You’ll always love me and the baby right?



Kevin: Of course. I love you and the baby a lot. When the baby is born, we’ll start our life together.



Sara: (hiccups) Okay…hey, what is that sound in the back? It sounds like moaning?



Kevin: (quickly) Oh it’s nothing! Just my…TV. You know…



Sara: Oh…okay.



Kevin: Hey babe, I need to go. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Okay, bye! (hangs up)



Sara: Um, okay…bye. (hangs up) I think I should visit Kevin…Maybe he’ll let me stay at his house.

Sara walks from her house to Kevin’s house.



Scene skips to in front of Kevin’s house



Sara: (thinking) Should I knock? Maybe I should go around to his window and surprise him. I don’t want to bother his parents.



Sara walks around the house and goes up to Kevin’s window. His window is open. She looks inside and sees Kevin having sex with another girl, Elise.



Elise: (to Kevin) Hey babe, you know that girl? What was her name? Sara? I heard you were going out with her. Is that true?



Kevin: (laughing) Going out with her? Oh please. I just wanted her for sex. You’re the only one I want babe.



Elise: But I heard you got her pregnant.



Kevin: (impatiently) So? Truth is…I only wanted her for the baby.



Elise: (upset) Why didn’t you ask me to make a baby with you?



Kevin: (puts his finger to her lips) Shh, she’s pretty, so the baby will be beautiful looking. I’ll make her let us keep it, so we can be the proud parents of a beautiful baby.



Elise laughs. Outside, Sara falls to the ground and starts crying again.



Elise: (to Kevin) Did you hear something?



Kevin: I’m not sure. Let me go check.



Kevin walks to his window and looks out. On the ground, he sees Sara crying. Kevin is shocked and quickly puts on his clothes.



Kevin: (impatiently) Stay here!



Elise: (confused) What’s wrong?!



Kevin: (yelling) Just stay!



Kevin runs outside of his house and walks toward Sara. Sara looks up.



Kevin: (surprised) What are you doing here?!



Sara: (angrily) What are you doing with her?! I came here to look for a place to stay! My parents kicked me out of the house for the baby I’m having with YOU. Or did you forget?!



Kevin: No…no…no! I didn’t forget. I just…had other things to take care of. (trying to help Sara up)



Sara: (pushing Kevin away) Take care of other things?! What other things?! You mean HER?!



Kevin: Look, I’m sorry! I just couldn’t help it. I’m a guy! Sex is what we do. We live, breathe, and sleep sex. Look, I’m sorry. I’ll tell Elise to go away and I’ll never see her again. We can live a happy life together. You, me, and the baby. We can make this work.



Sara: (angrily) Oh, please! That’s not what I heard! Using me, huh?! YOU DIRTY PIG.



Sara smacks Kevin.



Kevin: (yelling) OW! WHY DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!



Sara: (angrily) Forget it, I’m leaving.



Kevin: (reaches out to grab Sara) No…don’t!



Sara: (pulls away) Get your hands off of me, you filthy pig! It’s OVER!



Kevin: (grabs Sara and holds her tight) LOOK HERE YOU SLUT! We’re going to make this work! Why?! Because this is MY baby, too.



Kevin slaps Sara. Sara runs away, crying.



Scene skips to Chinatown



Sara walks along the dark streets of Chinatown. She is all alone. She walks into a dim sum place and orders a plate of Chinese dumplings. As she is eating, an old guy walks up to her.



Old Guy: Hey there pretty lady, my name is Henry. Nice to meet you.



Sara: (looks down) Um, sorry. I’m not allowed to talk to strangers.



Henry: (sits down) Well, I just wanted to know if you were alright or not. You look kind of down.



Sara: (looks up w/ tears in her eyes): Well, my parents repudiated me for getting pregnant and I just found out my boyfriend is cheating on me. I have no where to go and no one loves me.



Henry: That is a mighty predicament you’re in. Well, I’ll tell you what. You can always stay in my house.



Sara: (hesitant) Well…I don’t know…we just met and all…



Henry: You have no where else to go right? The offer is always open.



Sara and Henry end up talking the whole night.



Sara: (smiling) You know, Henry. You’re a really nice person. Thank you for letting me stay at your place. I really appreciate it.



Henry: (smiling) Shall we go now? You seem tired.



Sara: (smiling) I am a bit tired. Let’s go!



Sara and Henry walk to Henry’s car. They drive back to Henry’s house in Oakland, California.



Scene skips to Henry’s house



Sara and Henry walk into the house. They turn on the lights.



Sara: (thinking) Omg, this is disgusting.



Henry: (scratches head) It’s not in the best shape, but I hope it’ll do.



Over the next couple of months, Sara and Henry have gotten really close to each other. Sara has had to drop out of school because she could no longer go to school under her current conditions. Sara has also gotten a TV contract with MTV’s “16 and Pregnant.”



Several months later



Sara: (smiling at cameras) Hey everyone! This is Sara Soo. I’m about 8 months pregnant and waiting patiently for the baby to come. It’s a girl by the way. Her name is Crystal. Henry has been such a sweetheart. He’s been working over time at McDonalds to help support the family when the baby finally arrives. I’m loving life so far. Sure, people point and stare at me when I go out on the streets, but that is okay. They are just jealous that I’m going to have a baby at such a young age and they aren’t, which is why they call me such mean things. (smiling) Anyways, I’ll see you guys next time! (waves)



Director: That’s a wrap! We’ll see you all next week!



The MTV crew packs up and leaves the house.



Sara: Well, that was exhausting. (looks in the mirror) I wonder if I look fat on TV.



There is a knock on the door.



Sara: (surprised) Who could that be?



Sara goes to the doors and opens it. She sees Kevin standing in front of her.



Sara: (surprised) Kevin? What are you doing here?



Kevin: (apologetic) Look, I’m sorry for acting like a jerk a while ago.



Sara: (in disbelief) It’s been 7 months…only now you apologize?



Kevin: Look, I didn’t come here to argue with you today. I just wanted to know…can we just get back together? Please?



Sara: Why?



Kevin: (embarrassed) Um, well…I saw you on TV. I thought since I was the father of the baby…I should be on TV, too. How about it? I look good on TV. I can be the star and you can be my leading lady (smiling) Let’s get back together! I never stopped loving you.



Sara: (laughs) HAHAHA! LIES! ALL LIES! Forget about it. (smirks) Well, sorry. I’m already married to someone.



Kevin: (in disbelief) Who?! Who would marry YOU?!



Sara: (smirks) Henry! We got hitched in Vegas about three months ago. Henry loves me and would never use me, you filthy pig.



Kevin: Henry’s old.



Sara: (angrily) So what?! LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES. Just leave! I’m better off without you!



Kevin: (angrily) FINE, WHATEVER!



Kevin leaves and slams the door behind him.



A year later



Sara and Henry are sitting together on the couch with their daughter, Crystal. The MTV production crew is filming again.



Sara: (smiling at camera) It’s been a year since our daughter was born, and we are happy as ever. I may have had to drop out of school, get disowned by my parents, lose all of my friends, leave my home and throw away all of my hopes and dreams to become a parent, but I’m happy as ever! I have the perfect job of cleaning toilets at McDonalds and the perfect husband, who is old and always bosses me around! (giggles) Though my life is now ruined because I was a stupid sixteen year-old, I don’t think it’s all that bad. Look, I’m on TV! Isn’t that just wonderfully amazing? Now, everyone can see just how wonderful my life is.

Henry: Like a sellout (laughs)



Sara nudges him.



Sara: (giggles) Oh, silly Henry. Always joking. Anyways, life couldn’t get anymore perfect. I mean…who wouldn’t want to live in a run-down house, work at McDonalds, and ruin their future? (smiles and giggles)



The End.

6 comments:

  1. Christine, I really enjoyed the way that you made Sara a complete airhead to satirize teen pregnancy. My favorite line is the last one, which pretty much sums up all of the horrible things that happens to her. Awesome satire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. O...M...G... CHRISTINE. you used kevin woo T_T anyway haha. good satire! it was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KEVIN WOO. :DDDD
    Anyways, your satire was HILARIOUS. I couldn't stop laughing when I was reading it. I'm pretty sure I gained abs from all this laughing. I love how you used my name for the main character and Kevin's name for my lover, and Henry for my second lover. :D
    It's fantastic elastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job :) Your satire was very very satirical. I could clearly see the examples of satire. Such as, "I mean…who wouldn’t want to live in a run-down house, work at McDonalds, and ruin their future?."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the sarcasm in your satire and the way you made fun of your topic. This definately shows me the horrows of being 16 and pregant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was AMAZING! The attitude of the main character helps to really point out and make fun of the mindset of teens who have sex outside of marriage. You satirized so clearly - awesome job!

    ReplyDelete