Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Selection by Melissa A.

The Selection



Preface: Nikita is a television show about a young woman who is blackmailed to become an assassin for Division, a secret branch of the government. All of Division’s assassins were handpicked and chosen from all around the world. Each individual chosen to be in Division is constrained to live a normal life and have significant relationships with the outside world. The main characters consist of Nikita, Percy, Alexandria, and Michael. This show consists of action, adventure, murderous killers, and a tremendous thrill. Each episode begins with Division doing a mission, while Nikita counter missions it.



Scene 1. The First Mission of Revenge



Esmeralda: (thinking to herself) After three years of planning, I am ready to plot my covert revenge against The Selection! A few days ago, Percy assigned me on a mission to destroy the house of Nicholas. Nicholas is the owner of a billion-dollar company, Zetrov. If my objective in this mission is to kill Nicholas, I think I can save Nicholas’ only daughter, Abigail and train her to become my alliance. Yes! This will work! You have thought of the greatest plan! With Abigail as my alliance, we can take down Selection, endure relationships with future lovers, and become unstoppable!



Narrator: Esmeralda goes on the mission and follows Percy’s instructions. As she goes through the house, she slaughters every living creature, except Abigail. After the killing streak of ten people, the guilt arose in her body. She fell to the floor and began to sob her heart out. From the back of her head, she begins to remember the plan with Abigail. Esmeralda searches the house and finds Abigail fast asleep in her bedroom. So, Esmeralda decides to throw Abigail on her shoulder and vivaciously walks to The Selection.



Scene 2. Back at Head Quarters



Percy: (furious) Why have you brought back Zetrov’s teenage daughter?! She is only a waste of space! Do you want me to kill both of you?!



Esmeralda: Sorry sir, but I brought her back because I believe she is worth a second life. I am willing to give up my personal time to train her of becoming a great assassin, like me! Abigail is only 13 years old, but once she is properly trained, she will be as powerful as you are!



Percy: (thinking) Since you are one of my top assassins, I will let you off with a warning… But, if anything goes wrong, I will kill both of you, in a blink of a second! Don’t you forget that, Esmeralda!



Esmeralda: But, please sir! I beg that you do not tell Abigail about who killed her parents. I will not be able to be a great teacher, if she knows what had just happened…



Scene 3. Three Years Later



Narrator: After three long years of physical and mental training, Abigail grew up to be one of the most deceiving and slyest assassin’ in Selection.



*Esmeralda and Abigail Training in the Fitness Room*



Abigail: Tell me again. Why do you hate The Selection so much?



Esmeralda: Hush! This is a secret between you and I. The Selection kills people, for it’s own purposes. It is the most selfish and meaningless agency that I have ever known. This agency creates merciless monsters and I hate myself because of it. The Selection killed your parents. Also, they killed all of my past lovers… But you don’t need to know about that. All you need to know is that the upcoming mission is our final mission of revenge!


Abigail: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. From the day you saved me, I remember that I swore that I am going to destroy Selection and everyone else who assassinated my mama and papa.



Esmeralda: (slightly shocked) Okay then. I need you to go out and bring me back these tools. (hands over a shopping list) We will need these tools to succeed in our mission. Listen carefully. Just walk through the front doors, in approximately five minutes. There will be a blue car waiting for you. Here are the keys. You will go to the destination and find a man called Trix, and he will help you find these items. To get all, this will take you a few days! Good luck! And do not worry. You will not get caught from Percy.



Abigail: (thinking to her self) Thank God! I can finally get out of Selection and see the real world! I felt so trapped and now I have the chance to feel freedom, for at least a few days. (walks through the front doors and drives off with the blue car)



Scene 4. Love’s Destination



Narrator: Abigail walks into the destination called Kala Moana Center. She has never seen such a huge mall in her life. She follows Esmeralda’s directions and goes towards the back of Kala Moana Center.


Abigail: Is there anyone here in the name of Trix?



Old lady: No, I’m sorry my dear. I have never heard of anyone of that name. You should look somewhere else.



Abigail: Well, thanks anyways.



Abigail walks towards the other corner and finds a small store.



Abigail: Good day, clerk Joe! Have you heard of anyone in the name of “Trix”?



Clerk Joe: No… But wow, you have the most beautiful eyes that I have ever seen. What is your name Ms. Pretty Lady?



Abigail: My name is Abigail and I am 16 years old. You shouldn’t have said that! (Blushes) You’re pretty cute yourself.

Joe: (significantly interested) My name is Joe, but you already know that. I feel like you have the beauty and the brains. Will it be okay, if you and I could take you out right now? My shift is over in about 5 minutes.



Abigail: Hmm. Well, you seem like a decent guy and a girl like me kind of needs a break from life. I guess, sure. Why not? (blushing again and feels the butterflies) I’ll be waiting outside. See you in 5 minutes!



Narrator: Abigail is unaware that Trix, a member of Selection, was watching and spying over Abigail the whole time. Trix is a killing machine. He was the man who killed all of Esmeralda’s past lovers. Trix does not tolerate with outside lovers.



Trix: (walks up to the clerk counter) I need help with reaching that bottle of champagne. It is pretty high and I am quite a short guy.



Joe: Sure thing! Dude, I definitely can help you.



Trix: (As Joe reaches for the bottle) I am sorry. But you brought this upon yourself. We can not have outside relationships.


*With a pocketknife, Trix murders Joe in an instant, soundless and like nothing ever happened.*



Trix walks out of the store, grabs Abigail, and drives off together in the blue car.



Abigail: (thinking) So, this is Trix. I wonder where Joe must’ve went? Maybe, he had another errand. Oh wells, back to the mission.



Narrator: Trix and Abigail travels on to gather all the necessities for the upcoming mission. Abigail continues to meet outsiders and have profound love for each and everyone of them. But, one after another, Trix continues to secretly slaughter the outsiders. Trix is highly irritable of Abigail and thinks about killing her because of her stupidity. But, he would not do such a thing, because Esmeralda will murder him, if he does.



Scene 5. The Final Mission



After two weeks of gathering the items, Alex and Trix returns to The Selection Head Quarters.



Esmeralda: Welcome back! Percy changed the date of the mission to tomorrow. Spend your time wisely today and rest.



Abigail: Okay, thank you. I will not let you down.



*Abigail is sleeping in a bed*

*Alarm clock rings*



Abigail: (wakes up) Finally, this is the day. It is all or nothing. Let’s do this!



Esmeralda: (goes into Abigail’s room) So, here is the plan. Everyone in Selection will be on a mission that is hosted in Russia, except us and a few other people. We will soundlessly walk out of the main entrance and bomb this entire place, including Percy! This will be as easy, as any other mission. Just please, be careful and make sure no one is able to see us walk through the doors.



Abigail: I heard that everyone in the Russian mission left 30 minutes ago. Also, the Head Quarters is more silent than usual. Listen. (sound of absolutely nothing) Let’s start on the mission now!



Narrator: Esmeralda puts the atomic bombs in all sections of the Head Quarters. No one noticed her existence and every one else acted normal. Things were easier than it seemed. Esmeralda and Abigail silently walk through the door.



Abigail: Isn’t it strange that the air seems too quiet and too normal?



Esmeralda: I know what you mean. I just can’t put my finger on it.



Abigail: Well, you should blow up this place, before it is too late! C’mon now, we are ahead of them! This is our chance!!



(slow motion) Esmeralda takes the atomic bomb control and then..



Abigail: LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!



Percy: What did I tell you, Esmeralda?! I told you that I would kill both of you, if you did anything behind my back! You are such a horrible fool! Before you die, I want Abigail to hear the truth.



Abigail: (thinking) What are you talking about?


Percy: The person who slaughtered every one of your family, including your grandparents, is standing right before your eyes. And it is not me. It is Esmeralda.



(Esmeralda looks down and becomes filled with guilt.)

Abigail: How could you, Esmeralda? You were like a mother to me, but you are actually a TRAITOR!



Percy: The way that I would solve this, Abigail, is to do what she has done to your whole family. Kill her. (hands Abigail a gun)



Esmeralda: No, Abigail. Please, think it through. I raised you to protect yourself and you have become the slyest and dedicated individual that I have ever met.



Abigail: (sobs quietly, thinking) I’m sorry… But, because of you, I transformed into who I am today…



Abigail grabs the gun, points the trigger at Esmeralda, and then, BOOM.

*Esmeralda dies. *

* Abigail continues to sob. *



* curtains close *



Narrator: The Selection is a covert agency filled with assassins and funded by the government. Nothing will ever bring The Selection down. Anything that will ever try to stand in The Selection’s way will be killed. So, beware.

2 comments:

  1. I like your story alot! I could visualize the scenes happening and there was good dialoge too. Good job Melissa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... the plot here is serviceable. It's not as funny as it could be and there are a few grammar mistakes, but all in all it's OK.

    ReplyDelete